Monday, November 11, 2013

So, this summer I worked really hard at exercising and was in pretty good shape. Then, school started! I neglected my running and P90x for the last 2 months, and I am in more of a round shape than anything else. I picked up walking/short jogs last week and am feeling much better. Getting outside helps release tension and worry, so it is more of a mental health issue. Losing weight/tightening up muscles are just side benefits.

I used to love taking the girls for walks along my jogging route. We had a double stroller that could fold down and make one long place for a few of them to sit. I would take off walking, and eventually they would, if they were old enough, get out and walk alongside the stroller with me. We would throw rocks into the ditches, pick wildflowers (weeds), and have such fun! I was lucky enough this last summer to take my oldest grandson Andrew on one of these walks. He too threw rocks into the ditch and picked flowers for his mommy.

During rice planting or harvest, we would stop and watch the big equipment do their jobs. On occasion we would watch a beautiful sunset before the mosquitoes would come out for dinner. A couple of times we even sat on the shed's roof to watch the sun set with all its glorious colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment