Sunday, May 6, 2012

My friend Robin Olson is our genealogy person at church. She invited me to begin my family's work. I started a couple of months ago and have had a little bit of success. Mostly, I've developed a greater love of family, or extended family. My Aunt Claressa keeps adding more names on my mom's side, and my dad's side seems to have everyone's work done. I'll keep going and digging around. For now, I've started adding my siblings and their families since it is hard to go back and find cousins of relatives.  People will keep track of their family, but when it comes to linking siblings spouses and children, that's where the breakdown begins.  So, I'm typing in as much as I can, and will then begin emailing siblings and cousins to link in their info.
I go every Wednesday night for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and I enjoy looking at the census records and such. I saw an entry when my Grandma Gertrude was 6 years old. It's weird to think of my grandma at the age of 6! Makes you look at old pictures as real people who had real lives. Families are forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment