Sunday, June 8, 2014

School is out, and Family is in!

June 6 was my 45th birthday, and it was the last day of school! Woo hoo!!!! On the last day of school at Park Ave., we have a softball game, teachers vs. 5th graders. To begin, the whole school said the pledge of allegiance, followed by singing happy birthday to me (thanks to Mr. Dahlen). It was fun! Tony showed up during the game with flowers and left cupcakes in my classroom. What a sweetheart!
Thankfully, school ended on a positive note. I started reviewing math topics and retesting them. WOW! It really boosted the kiddos spirits when they saw they could do what we had learned. Most were scoring proficient while a few even scored 100% on one topic. On our last ELA unit test, some scored approaching which was fabulous! I had many kiddos reading book after book and taking Reading Counts quizzes, and they were passing them! This last trimester, they really took off, and I am so proud of them and their hard work!

Now that school is out, I am on to family matters. Wednesday, we get new carpet. YES! Next Tuesday, Megan and her clan arrive. YES! June 22, Mallory and Maddie arrive. YES! June 27, Melisse marries Wyatt Roberts. YES! This is a full month, and it's going to be busy. I can't wait to see Megan's newest addition, Kenzie Kate. She was 9 lbs. 10 oz., holy cow! She has a ton of dark hair and one dimple like her mama. Andrew and Carter are getting so big; they'll be such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment